Synchronized skating (“synchro”) is a specialized discipline of skating involving groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and maneuvers. The objective is for the team to perform as one unit executing circles, blocks, lines, wheels and intersections in unison to the music, while demonstrating quality edges, power and flow. More information at Skate Canada “SynchroSkate”.
Synchronized skating has grown in popularity around the world and Canada is considered a world-leader in this discipline. As a result of this increased popularity and demand from skaters across the Greater Hamilton Area, Steel City Synchro was formulated in the 2016/2017 season to provide skaters of all age and skill levels to participate in this team sport. In the 2018/2019 season, the Ancaster Affinity Adult teams joined the Steel City Synchro family of teams.
Steel City Synchro is fielding the following teams for the 2022-2023 season.
Youth Team Levels:
- BEGINNER – for skaters working on CanSkate stage 3 and higher (under age 12)
- ELEMENTARY – for skaters working on STAR1 skills/dance and higher (under age 15)
- PRE-JUVENILE – for skaters working on STAR2 skills/dance and higher (under age 12)
- JUVENILE – for skaters working on STAR4 skills/dance and higher (under age 15)
- PRE-NOVICE – for skaters working on STAR7 skills/dance and higher (under age 18)
Youth Team Registration:
- Skaters who participate on Steel City Synchro teams must continue to be registered at their home club.
- Registering for Steel City Synchro is in addition to your existing STARSkate program at your home skating club (youth skaters).
Adult Team Levels:
- Adult 1
- Adult 2
- Adult 3
Adult Team Registration:
- Adults who are registered with a home club for other skating programs may continue to be registered with that club.
- Adults who are participating only in synchronized skating will be registered through the Ancaster Skating Club.
2022-2023 SYNCHRONIZED SKATING SEASON INFORMATION:
We invite new skaters to join our teams for the upcoming skating season! Synchro Skills and ‘Try-out/try-it’ sessions will be held in April and May 2022. To find out more information, please send an email as noted below.
For more information about our YOUTH synchro program, please contact email@example.com
For more information about our ADULT synchro program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org