GET AN EXTRA EDGE AND TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Get a step up on the competition with CANPOWERSkate! A high-energy instructional skating program that develops fundamental skills for both hockey and ringette. This program focuses on balance, control and agility skills including components of power and speed. Skating skills and techniques are taught in a progressive format by Skate Canada coaches to ensure every skater reaches their full potential.
We welcome skaters from age 4 and up, but skaters must have previous skating experience as noted below. This program can be used in combination with hockey programming to improve upon fundamental skills. All CANPOWERSkate participants must have full equipment (including neck guard), hockey skates, gloves, a stick, and CSA approved hockey helmet.
PrePOWERSkate: For young skaters (aged 4 – 7) who are looking to gain skating skills in a hockey format. This program aims to develop basic skating abilities in a power skating-specific environment. Full hockey equipment and
stick are required.
Mandatory minimum skills to be eligible to participate in PrePOWERSkate;
- Minimum age 4
- Have basic skating skills through any one of;
- Completed PreCANSkate
- CANSkate – 1 season
- PrePOWERSkate – 1 season
- Introductory hockey program – 1 season
- Must be able to move forward, stop, fall down and get back up completely independently in hockey equipment
Skaters that do not meet these criteria should start the season in either PreCANSkate or CANSkate
CANPOWERSkate: An action-packed, fast paced, full ice, high energy instructional power skating program geared to hockey and ringette skaters that focuses on balance. power, agility, speed and endurance. Ideal for skaters who are currently registered in hockey/ ringette or skaters previously registered in Skate Canada CANSkate, CANPOWERSkate or PrePOWERSkate program. This program aims to develop advanced skating skills specific to hockey and ringette. Skills are taught in small groups with direct coach instruction. Skaters must be in full hockey equipment and have a stick.
Mandatory skills to be eligible to participate in CANPOWERSkate;
- Minimum age 6
- Have intermediate skating skills through any one of;
- CANSkate – Stage 1 completed
- PrePOWERSkate – 1 season
- Hockey – 1 season
- Must be able to participate in faster paced, more advanced, full ice drills
Skaters that do not meet these criteria should start the season in either PreCANSkate, CANSkate, or PrePOWERSkate.
Some of the top players in the NHL have trusted Skate Canada’s best-in-class programs to help them reach hockey’s biggest stage including Nathan MacKinnon, Matt Duchene, Mark Scheifele and Jeff Skinner.
- CSA Approved Hockey Helmet with full face mask.
- Helmet must be in good condition (straps and snaps working, helmet not damaged).
- Full hockey equipment including neck guard.
- Hockey stick.
- HARD Skate guards are required, to ensure safe exit from the building in an emergency.