CANPowerSkate is Skate Canada’s program is a power skating program geared to hockey and ringette skaters, that focuses on balance, power, agility, speed and endurance. Hockey skills are NOT taught. Sessions are taught in a group lesson format, by our Professional Skate Canada Certified Coaching Staff.
- PowerSkate A: For skaters aged 4+ who have completed at least 1 year of PreCANSkate, CANSkate or CANPowerSkate. Skaters must be able to stand up on skates and move forward (shuffle, walk or glide).
- PowerSkate B: For skaters who have at least 1 year on a hockey team, who are currently registered in hockey or ringette.
- Read more about Skate Canada’s CANPowerSkate program here.
- Check out the CANSkate/PowerSkate Parent & Skater Welcome Presentation (Sept 2020), which includes some COVID-19 information.
- CSA Approved Hockey Helmet with full face mask.
- Helmet must be in good condition (straps and snaps working, helmet not damaged).
- Full hockey equipment.
- Hockey stick.
- HARD Skate guards are required, to ensure safe exit from the building in an emergency.