Update (August 11, 2023)
Fall/Winter 2023-2024 Season: Registration will be available AFTER August 15. All programs for Fall/Winter take place at Morgan Firestone Arena. Registration is online only, and can be accessed through our Registration page.
The following programs are being offered:
- PreCanSkate: beginners aged 3 to 5 years
- CanSkate: beginner friendly for skaters aged 6 to 12 years
- Parent & Tot: new skaters aged 2 to 4 years with an on-ice adult aid; 18+ and competent skater (skaters aged 3 and up that have done P&T must register for PreCanSkate or CanSkate)
- PowerSkate B: born 2016-2011; must have intermediate skating skills through any one of the following: PrePowerSkate, CanSkate Stage 1 completed, or 1 season of hockey
- PowerSkate A (formerly PrePowerSkate): minimum age 4 and born in 2017, 2018 or 2019; must have basic skating skills through completion of any one of the following: PreCanSkate, 1 season of CanSkate or PrePowerSkate, or 1 season of introductory hockey program
- Advanced CanSkate: must have been previously invited to this program
- Teen/Young Adult: beginner friendly learn to skate for ages 13 & up
- Adult Open StarSkate: ages 18 & up
- StarSkate: all levels
All skaters and on-ice participants are required to be registered as a member with Skate Canada. Skate Canada membership is $58.70 for 2023-2024 (exp. Aug. 31/24).
All skaters are required to pay a Seasonal Admin fee; $20 per season for learn to skate programs, $30 for StarSkate programs.
The Ancaster Skating Club (ASC) is proud to be a sanctioned member of Skate Canada! During the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons, we operate out of Morgan Firestone Arena in Ancaster, Ontario. For the past few years, we have also been offering a Summer session, taking place at Harry Howell Arena this year. The following Skate Canada programs are available through ASC: CanSkate (including PreCanSkate, Advanced CanSkate, and programs for Parent & Tots as well as Teens/Young Adults), CanPowerSkate, and StarSkate.
CanSkate is Skate Canada’s flagship learn to skate program for all ages, which focuses on the fundamental skating skills necessary for success in ALL ice sports – hockey, figure skating, ringette, speed skating, synchronized skating and recreational skating. The CanSkate program uses a nationally-tested and proven curriculum to support skater success in developing stronger skating skills in a fun and friendly environment.
BE THE BEST BY LEARNING FROM THE BEST! All our programs are taught by professional coaches who are trained, certified and recertified through Skate Canada and the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) to teach proper mechanics and skating technique. For added skater safety and to maximize learning, we also maintain a skater to coach ratio of 8 to 1 or less on our learn-to-skate sessions.
We look forward to seeing you on the ice!